Male
Number of posts : 2133
Job/hobbies : sending souls to hell
Favorite word : Go to Hell
Awards :
Currenty playing : Dirge of Cerberus
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Stargate Worlds   Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:20 pm

There are few science-fiction properties as successful as Stargate, which has spawned a movie along with two television series and even an animated series. Last year, Arizona-based developer Cheyenne Mountain announced that it was working on a massively multiplayer online role-playing game based on MGM's hit property. However, given that the game was early in development, Cheyenne Mountain didn't release many details. Cheyenne and MGM Interactive are now taking off the wraps on their project, and we've got the latest screens, a look at the exclusive trailer, and an interview with Rod Nakamoto, studio head of Cheyenne Mountain.

GameSpot: Stargate Worlds was announced in early 2006, and we got a quick update at GDC last year, but we haven't heard anything of it since. So, first question: Where's the game currently at in development? We understand it's been in full production for quite some time now.

Rod Nakamoto: We entered full production early this year. In that time, we've done all of the behind-the-scenes work that makes building a game of this size possible, and built out playable versions of about five worlds. The business decisions that we made early on--licensing the BigWorld back end and Unreal Engine 3--are really starting to pay dividends for us. By using proven technology, we were able to jump straight into the meat of game design rather than spend all of our time on engine building and server development.

We're getting close to the point where we have a slice of an actual, fun game, and I think that's the real key to our effort here. We started building the fun into Stargate Worlds on day one.

I'll get more pictures later, the game will be released in late autumn. pretty interesting and its MMORPG

Most of my reviews are taken from www.gamespot.com I shorten them and find the most important parts as their reviews are over 3 pages long which can be a burden to read and the screenshots are taken from the internet Wink

Last edited by on Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.gamespot.com/ps2
Tymon
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 2411
Job/hobbies : Organizer of where people go when they enter hell
Favorite word : WTF!
Awards : None
Currenty playing : Urban terror
Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Stargate Worlds   Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:21 pm

nice an interview too bad no gameplay screenshots

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://metachronos.forummotion.com
god of destiny

Male
Number of posts : 2133
Job/hobbies : sending souls to hell
Favorite word : Go to Hell
Awards :
Currenty playing : Dirge of Cerberus
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Stargate Worlds   Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:05 am

the game is unreleased

Most of my reviews are taken from www.gamespot.com I shorten them and find the most important parts as their reviews are over 3 pages long which can be a burden to read and the screenshots are taken from the internet Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.gamespot.com/ps2
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stargate Worlds   

Back to top Go down

Stargate Worlds
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1