Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Area 51 ( God of Destiny's Personal Review )

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
god of destiny
god of destiny

Male
Number of posts : 2133
Job/hobbies : sending souls to hell
Favorite word : Go to Hell
Awards : Area 51 ( God of Destiny's Personal Review ) 54087981ap1
Currenty playing : Dirge of Cerberus
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Area 51 ( God of Destiny's Personal Review ) Empty
PostSubject: Area 51 ( God of Destiny's Personal Review )   Area 51 ( God of Destiny's Personal Review ) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 11:36 am

God of Destiny's personal score = 9.1 / 10

Positive
- Nice weapons
- Great multiplayer
- Superb visuals and sounds
- Shooting aliens is pretty fun

Negative
- Aliens love to sneak on you from behind
- Early stages can be tough to find health or ammo
- Could have had more bosses

Games like Area 51 don't come along every month. Area 51 is a First-Person Shooter from Midway, and i must say the game isn't as bad as it seems. This FPS is not as the other FPS'es, for many reasons.

Mostly in Area 51 you get to shoot aliens, or mutated beings. That's not something you do every game. Rarely you find these thing. Me personally don't like FPS's because you shoot other people and that's passed. Killing other races. That's nice. But Area 51 is easy to get used to and very entertaining. The game has suprprisingly great multiplayer. I though there wouldn't be any. Since i'm not a fan of FPS's i expected a game like Call of Duty but it turned out better than i though.

In Area 51, you'll be a man that he's with the US goverment and you and your mates were sent to Area 51. You'll first chase a man, and when you kill him you find out something with isn't normal. That were the story starts. You go further where you find other beings which can be armed. In the first part of the game, your enemies are just aliens, or aliens in fire. About half of the game you find some Black soldiers, i don't know why they attack you. Oh, you can transform into a mutant, it's easier to kill enemies, escpecially those soldiers.

The visuals are impressive and even the sound effects. The game has some cool weapons. The coolest weapon ( don't know if available in the single-player mode ) which is a gun, a big one, which only has one shot. Pretty powerful though and can kill your opponent which just one hit. Not sure in the single-player mode because i found it in the multiplayer mode. Multiplayer is simply great for an FPS. Even in the multiplayer mode, you can transform into an alien.

Some aliens are a pain. Could have used the night-vision glasses. But there is a portable scanner to scan computer and other things, even humans and air samples. Aliens sneak on you from behind sometimes and if they jump on you, you're finished. Even ammo can be tough to find. In early stages to almost always dinish with the first gun. Ammo is mostly found in corners or on death bodies. Also the game could have used more boss fights. If i remember right there are 3 to 4 bosses, one of them mutated into an alien.

Area 51 shouldn't be missed by anyone who loves FPS like Call of Duty and Halo. SImple to pick up, shoot aliens and more things you don't see normally, it's easy to enjoy Area 51. If you're not familiar to FPS and you want to buy one, you should check Area 51.

Area 51 ( God of Destiny's Personal Review ) Area51-0305
Area 51 ( God of Destiny's Personal Review ) Sony_playstation_2-area_51
Back to top Go down
http://www.gamespot.com/ps2
Tymon
Admin
Tymon

Male
Number of posts : 2411
Job/hobbies : Organizer of where people go when they enter hell
Favorite word : WTF!
Awards : None
Currenty playing : Urban terror
Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Area 51 ( God of Destiny's Personal Review )   Area 51 ( God of Destiny's Personal Review ) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 11:07 am

the aliens are hard to find
hate this game
Back to top Go down
https://metachronos.forummotion.com
god of destiny
god of destiny

Male
Number of posts : 2133
Job/hobbies : sending souls to hell
Favorite word : Go to Hell
Awards : Area 51 ( God of Destiny's Personal Review ) 54087981ap1
Currenty playing : Dirge of Cerberus
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Area 51 ( God of Destiny's Personal Review )   Area 51 ( God of Destiny's Personal Review ) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 1:11 pm

this is the one FPS that i liked, maybe i will get darkwatch, that looks awesome, creators capcom, devil may cry and resident evil and god hand. i'm sure it's awesome
Back to top Go down
http://www.gamespot.com/ps2
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Area 51 ( God of Destiny's Personal Review )   Area 51 ( God of Destiny's Personal Review ) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Area 51 ( God of Destiny's Personal Review )
Page 1 of 1