Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Need For Speed Porsche Unleashed

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
gamemaniac
Ultimate User
gamemaniac

Male
Number of posts : 249
Job/hobbies : Tennis, Xbox 360
Awards : None
Currenty playing : GTA IV
Registration date : 2008-04-14

Need For Speed Porsche Unleashed Empty
PostSubject: Need For Speed Porsche Unleashed   Need For Speed Porsche Unleashed Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 11:43 am

Score = 8.2/10

This is my first official review, and i think i did my best.

Positive Need For Speed Porsche Unleashed Good_greatsoundeffects_s Need For Speed Porsche Unleashed Good_great_licensed_soundtrack_s Need For Speed Porsche Unleashed Good_just_right_s Need For Speed Porsche Unleashed Good_innovative_s
- Superb career mode
- Over 50 Porsche cars
- Awesome soundtrack
- Ai can be tough sometimes

Negative Need For Speed Porsche Unleashed Bad_stripped_s Need For Speed Porsche Unleashed Bad_bustedgraphics_s Need For Speed Porsche Unleashed Bad_annoying_characters_s
- Even on the open route, the game isn't so big
- Frame rate struggles some times
- Graphics look unfinished
- Only Porsche cars
- Not as good as the PC version

This is the first NFS yet that only has one type of car, Porsche cars. Even though there are over 50 cars, from old cars up to 2000. The most modern is the Boxster. You can find some awesome racing cars and many others.

One of the best things is probably the Evolution mode. The evolution mode is the career mode. You will start your career with classic cars. Mostly from 1950-1960. You have to win the 3 tournaments that the game has. You will compete with only other 3 players. At first the game is very easy, but moving on, the game gets harder. There is the weekend event, which you must have the right car to enter. There are normally the toughest ones. The racing events are the one that helps you get money fast. In the first era, the only racing event is about 60,000. There are 3 eras in all. The Classic, the Golden and the Modern. If I had to say, I found the golden era easier. In the tournament you have to have the right class of car to enter. When you exit the mode and re-enter, you opponents will change and so are their cars. The one I found tougher is the Class 1 of the golden era, since there is a very fast car normally to compete, which costs a lot. You can buy new cars of course and also used cars. The game tells you how much the car have been used and its price. You can test it in the open route mode. This is poorly executed since its not really an open route. One will find closed roads everywhere. There is also a police, which can be tough to escape from. If he catches you he will charge you with a low sum of money. The tournament mode can be only played in its era. What do I mean? I mean that if you enter the golden era can't play the classic era's tournament. Not same with the weekend and racing event. You can still do them in the other eras. One thing that will change its most probably the weather. Oh, another thing. The further you go on, the higher the classic era's car will be high to buy. Same with the selling price. If you notice the price of the old cars will be higher than the previous eras. One trick. If you complete the game at 100%, then you will receive 10,000,000 credit. You can buy a lot of cars with it. But the garage has a limited number of cars that can hold.

Need For Speed Porsche Unleashed Nfs5_4

Some of the soundtrack is really good. The cars sound good too. Especially in races sound keeps great. Weather does effect the race and damage can be a bit too much. Sometimes after a race, you'll finish with the car broken. In the latest races, if you have a damaged car, the environment will slow you down, mostly when you're in offroad areas. You'll notice that even the slowest opponents will beat you. This game should have used more visuals and graphics. Frame rate struggle a little when in offroad and graphics aren't as great as they were in High Stakes. Even background environments look pretty unfinished sometimes. The real shame is that the game could have had more tracks. There are 8 areas, which are Japan, France and other but can't remember. There are more than 4 tracks in each part, including night and day, rainy weather and snow.

Porsche Unleashed could be improved a lot, but fans will have a great with this game. There is also another mode to get the fastest racing cars in the game, which are the GT3, GT2 and GT1. The ones I prefer most are the 959 and 217 K short tail. These are found in the golden but they can smoke any car in the modern era. EA has to work more mostly on graphics. The other things are simple but good and mostly entertaining and can be great fun.

Need For Speed Porsche Unleashed Aibmtvoakq
Back to top Go down
Tymon
Admin
Tymon

Male
Number of posts : 2411
Job/hobbies : Organizer of where people go when they enter hell
Favorite word : WTF!
Currenty playing : Urban terror
Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Need For Speed Porsche Unleashed   Need For Speed Porsche Unleashed Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 11:51 am

good game but only porshe cars Sad
Back to top Go down
https://metachronos.forummotion.com
god of destiny
god of destiny

Male
Number of posts : 2133
Job/hobbies : sending souls to hell
Favorite word : Go to Hell
Awards : Need For Speed Porsche Unleashed 54087981ap1
Currenty playing : Dirge of Cerberus
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Need For Speed Porsche Unleashed   Need For Speed Porsche Unleashed Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 9:34 am

yes this game rocks
Back to top Go down
http://www.gamespot.com/ps2
Tymon
Admin
Tymon

Male
Number of posts : 2411
Job/hobbies : Organizer of where people go when they enter hell
Favorite word : WTF!
Currenty playing : Urban terror
Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Need For Speed Porsche Unleashed   Need For Speed Porsche Unleashed Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 11:00 pm

very good review tough Wink
Back to top Go down
https://metachronos.forummotion.com
gamemaniac
Ultimate User
gamemaniac

Male
Number of posts : 249
Job/hobbies : Tennis, Xbox 360
Currenty playing : GTA IV
Registration date : 2008-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Need For Speed Porsche Unleashed   Need For Speed Porsche Unleashed Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 8:07 am

hey thanks
Back to top Go down
god of destiny
god of destiny

Male
Number of posts : 2133
Job/hobbies : sending souls to hell
Favorite word : Go to Hell
Awards : Need For Speed Porsche Unleashed 54087981ap1
Currenty playing : Dirge of Cerberus
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Need For Speed Porsche Unleashed   Need For Speed Porsche Unleashed Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 8:17 am

they should release a racing game like this on the PS2, you know the evolution mode is pretty awesome
Back to top Go down
http://www.gamespot.com/ps2
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need For Speed Porsche Unleashed   Need For Speed Porsche Unleashed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need For Speed Porsche Unleashed
Page 1 of 1